Full-time Youth/Children Pastor
● Bachelor’s or higher
● Youth and/or children ministry experience (paid or unpaid): 2years
● Abide by the doctrine of the C&MA
● Licensed by the C&MA before official hiring
Denomination: Christian and Missionary Alliance (https://cmalliance.org/)
Youth & Children Group Current Attendance: 10-15 for middle-high schoolers and 7-10 for K-5th graders
Triangle Chinese Alliance Church (TCAC) (https://trianglecac.org/) is a thriving and growing Alliance Church that is currently seeking a Youth/Children Pastor to help promote and fulfill the mission of TCAC within our youth and children ministries. This mission includes: 1) a Local Perspective, which involves evangelizing to the Chinese community in the Research Triangle Park in North Carolina, as well as living a Gospel-centered life in our homes, workplaces, and communities, 2) a Kingdom Perspective, which involves evangelizing to Chinese intellectuals, students, and scholars, as well as equipping the next generation to become future leaders for the Kingdom of God.
We have a thriving youth and children ministry, with a dedicated team of 7+ volunteers who are devoted to God and passionate about disciplining children and young people. Our youth/children group has separate Sunday worship and Sunday school services, with the exception of one combined worship service each month. In addition, they meet weekly on Friday nights for fellowship, which includes worship, Bible teaching, and small group discussions. This group is the youngest in our church, but certainly not the least; they are actively serving the local community though the Food Bank, Back-to-School Backpack, and Christmas Shoe Box initiatives, as well as serving the church body through Sunday worship teams, Bible storytelling presentations, and various church-wide events preparations. We highly value parents as the primary disciple-makers and are seeking a Youth/Children Pastor who can partner with and encourage them.
● Plan yearly teaching and education plan with the Lead pastor and other lay leaders.
● Serve as the primary teaching pastor for youth/children ministry, with an emphasis on expository preaching/teaching.
● Supervise & organize weekly study groups, yearly church retreat, summer camps, etc.
● Recruit, disciple, equip and collaborate with parents and youth/Children staff volunteers.
● Establish and maintain personal relationships with individual students to minister, disciple, and present Christ by means of maintaining availability as a friend and counselor.
● Maintain communications with parents of youth and children.
● Develop and plan outreach opportunities both locally and as part of a global outreach program.
● Oversee a youth/children ministry budget.
● Be supervised and under the leadership of the Lead Pastor; Report to the Church Governing Board (currently Pastoral Advisory Committee).
● Assist the Lead Pastor with discipleship, community building and pastoral care responsibilities.
● Collaborate with the Lead Pastor and lay leaders to develop and execute the vision of TCAC to cultivate mature disciples who can in turn make more disciples.
● Attend leadership and related ministry meetings.
● Confess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, and demonstrates a vibrant and growing personal walk with Jesus.
● Has a clear calling to the office of pastor and a lifestyle consistent with the qualifications explained in Titus 1:6-9, 1 Tim 3:2-7, 1 Peter 5:2-3.
● Have strong passion and calling to serve the Chinese community in a multi-culture environment.
● Clear demonstration of humility and a teachable spirit.
● Be in full agreement with the Bylaw Articles of Triangle Chinese Alliance Church.
● Be able to communicate the Scriptures with depth and in a way that is engaging to youth.
● Have served in a ministry position, either paid or unpaid, for at least two years.
● Hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree from a Bible school, seminary, or college.
● An ordained minister and hold credentials in Christian and Missionary Alliance, or able to obtain them.
● Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
● Dental insurance
● Vision insurance
● Medical insurance
● Life insurance
● Child support
● Flexible schedule
● Paid time off
● Retirement plan
● Tuition/training reimbursement
Applications may be submitted directly to email@example.com.